I had a great time at DDD Scotland, so many thanks again to the organisers and everyone who came. As promised, here are the slides for my talk : HTML5 : The language of the cloud? in HTML5 format. The talk was given in Firefox 3.6 with the MiniMap (geoDiscovery) and Tails Export (microformat) extensions. If you have to make any tweaks to get it working in your favourite browser, let me know and I’ll update the file.
For a bit of fun, I’ve put together a short survey on HTML5 to gauge responses to some of the discussions I’ve had since the talk. I will publish the results in an upcoming post.
Finally, for ease of access, here’s a list of the important links from the talk for those of you who missed them:
- WHATWG vs W3C
- A Form of Madness – Dive into HTML5
- Mozilla video demos at http://people.mozilla.com/~prouget/demos/
- Web SQL DB : full db
- Web storage : key / value pairs
- Offline Mode : (e.g. Task List)
- HTML5 Demos : Canvas and worker
- Big Buck Bunny : video (you’ll need to download this video if you want to do this presentation yourself)
- S5 Reloaded : HTML presentations
- Twitter @craignicol
And here’s Google’s demo using the dev version of Chrome :