One topic I would like to discuss is technical leadership. The format of the conference states that I will have 12 prompt cards to help guide the discussion. My suggestions for these are shown below, and also available on my github repo. Any comments and suggestions welcome.
- What is a technical lead?
- What most inspired you about your previous technical leads?
- What behaviours would you change in technical leads you have worked for?
- Why do you want to be a technical lead?
- What scares you most about being a technical lead?
- How do you measure success as a technical lead?
- What one thing would make your life as a technical lead easier?
- What responsibilities are you happy to delegate, and what do you want to control?
- How do you plan for your own absence, so you can rest on holiday?
- What qualities do you want your team to have, and how to you help them get that?
- How do you deal with conflicts in the team?
- How do you deal with external pressures on the team?