Is there a problem?
- The work was completed to spec.
- Any additional work was likely to break the time and cost estimates.
- The work meets the current standards. To bring the remaining paintwork up to standard would require removing and re-implementing the solution, further risking budgets and blocking higher priority work.
- The only available colours do not provide the legacy appearance required to match the existing lines.
- The blue lines were not part of the original specification and therefore no knowledge is available on their purpose and whether they should be extended or removed.
- The disjointed yellow line on the right-hand side would require straightening, which would cause confusion to existing users. There are multiple consistent configurations and the workers have no means to evaluate which of these minimises confusion.
- The user who raised the bug report is unaware of the timetable detailing the repainting plan and the agreed extent of the lines.
- The user who raised the bug report is unaware of future proposed fixes that will require additional upheaval. Any attempt to fix other line issues now will result in unnecessary rework.
- The existing pattern does not cover the required scope (see the far side), and any additional work would lead to scope creep to correct this error.