Thanks to everyone who came to my CodeCraftConf session today, and to the organisers for all their hard work. Here’s the questions I asked, and I’ll follow up with my thoughts from the discussion.
Successfully Growing A Team
- When is it time to grow your team?
- How do you deal with resistance from existing team members?
- Is it more important to find a culture fit or build a diverse team?
- What is your biggest worry with your current team size, or with growing your current team?
- How frequently can you add new people to your team?
- How long does it take to integrate someone new?
- What practices do you use to ensure sustainable growth?
- How do you know when a team is too big?
- How do you split a team that’s grown too big?
- How do you grow a team when the existing members are already overworked?
- How long is your recruitment pipeline in terms of short-term planning (getting people in the door) and long-term planning (having the right team in place for next year or 5 years?
- How do you recruit outside your specialty?